This year, Sovereign celebrates 45 years of pairing people with their paradise. Over the next few weeks, we’ll be sharing our favourite 45 Paradise Moments that have made every moment worthwhile. Check back each week for a round up of the week’s Paradise Moments, and follow us on Facebook for your daily dose of paradise.
27. After dinner, snuggle up on cushions laid out on Coco Bodu Hithi Maldives’ soft white sands for a family movie night under the stars.
28. Sip your way through vinhos and vintages in the Vila Vita Parc’s Gothic-style wine cellar. For a truly intimate experience, opt for a private wine-pairing dinner, where you’ll sample mini-plates of Portuguese tapas along with complementary wines.
29. Go for a family walk with a difference at Lake Como’s Grand Hotel Tremezzo. Follow the secret garden trail up through the hydrangea, azalea, magnolia and tulip-filled gardens, which back on to the grounds of the famous Villa Carlotta. At the top of the hill, children are rewarded with a surprise – Bobo, the hotel’s giant cuddly teddy, will be there to greet them.
30. For a double hit of culture and cuisine, try the Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita’s edible art tour. As you admire the works of Mexican artist Luis Sottil, you’ll nibble canapes and sip cocktails that match each painting. So while you’re looking at the hibiscus garden canvas (created using pigments from hibiscus flowers), you’ll be served a cocktail made with hibiscus, vodka, pear and green apple. Perfecto! [Image by @emilie33]
31. There’s romance and then there’s the Samaya Ubud’s 100 candle dinner. It’s a private dining experience beside the Ayung river, lit by 100 flickering candles, where you’ll tuck into a sumptuous six-course tasting menu (with matching wines, of course). Just the ticket for a special occasion.
32. Infinity pool + turquoise sea + forest-blanketed mountains = one of the best sunbathing spots we’ve come across. You’ll find it at Sugar Ridge, a boutique hotel in Antigua. Stick around for sunset – it’s amazing from up here.
33. This week’s winning Paradise Moment comes from Venetia Sanders, who captured a beautiful moment of her son’s first holiday in Negril, Jamaica.